Hotel Industry Walkathon for Charity
The Hotel Association of New York City welcomes all Hotel and Allied Members to participate in the 27th Annual Hotel Industry Walkathon for Charity on Sunday, September 30,
The Hotel Association of New York City welcomes all Hotel and Allied Members to participate in the 27th Annual Hotel Industry Walkathon for Charity on Sunday, September 30, 2018. This year we will be walking for Polaris, whose mission is to use data-driven strategies to prevent and disrupt human trafficking.
The kick-off rally will be held on Sunday, September 30th at 9AM at the Roosevelt Hotel, 45 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017.
The Hotel or Allied Member that has the highest number of participating walkers will receive a specially designed trophy in recognition of its exceptional participation. The Roosevelt Hotel has won the trophy for the past 11 years!
We welcome and encourage every Hotel and Allied Member’s participation in this Industry Wide event. If your Hotel/Company wishes to participate or for additional information, please click on the link below.
Information Regarding the Walkathon:
- For each participating hotel that walkers visit, the hotel/company that they are walking on behalf of will donate $1 to Polaris.
- Each hotel/company should designate a coordinator for the event.
- At the kick-off rally, each walker will receive a Walkathon passport, a map and a suggested walking route
- The passport:
- Each walker must write his/her name and the name of the hotel/company he/she is walking on behalf of, on the front page.
- All participating hotels/companies are listed in the passport.
- A table will be set up at each participating hotel and someone will be there to stamp the passport in the appropriate box to validate that the walker visited that hotel.
- There are some hotels listed that are already stamped. Walkers do not need to walk to those hotels, but will still get credit for doing so.
- There are some hotels that have been combined. If there is more than one hotel listed in a box on the passport, walkers only have to walk to the first one that is listed, which is listed in bold print.
- Walkers will take the passports home with them, unless told differently by the coordinator for their hotel/company. Please return the passports to the coordinator for your hotel/company as soon as possible. The coordinator for your hotel should gather all of the passports up and send them to us.
- After we receive a hotel/company’s passports, we will calculate the total number of hotels visited and will bill the hotel/company.
- The map and the suggested walking route will help walkers with the location of each hotel and specifically, the exact location of the table that each Hotel has set up. Most hotels will have tables set up at or near their main entrance, but some will have them set up in other locations, such as the employee entrance, so walkers should make sure to look at the suggested walking route for this information.
If you have any questions, please contact Niki J. Franzitta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
september 30, 2018, 12:00 am - september 30, 2018, 11:59 pm
ROOSEVELT HOTEL, 45 EAST 45TH STREET, MADISON AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10017